Thread: The PCR Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 12:06 PM

Survey or no survey, makes no difference to me, I prefer to deal with things straight up rather than PC gov't style, but either way, the point I was trying to make stands. Sometimes it's best to just leave well enough alone.

There may be some value in angler surveys. They would be so completely subjective and affected by so many factors and biases that I don't see what the real value of them would be beyond very basic big picture ideas. I'd also be concerned that any data gathered would be so inconcise that it would be very open to any and all kinds interpretation. That could be me just missing the point though. I'm not sure that having a few thousand cooks in the kitchen, some of them with no pots or spoons, is the right way to make good soup. There are times when it's better to leave things to those that are trained to make the decisions. If someone showed me a proper scientific report that said drastic changes have to be made to PCR or it will collapse in 2 years, then obviously I'd support the changes, but I don't see that. I see a lot of speculation, and a lot of individual opinions based on what they want or think should be done, myself included.

I don't doubt that Chubdarter and others are asking the questions with only the best intentions, but we all know what road those pave, especially when the government gets involved.