View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 07:49 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
My post was in jest and given all the "Good Luck's" I have received in the last 2 hours, confirms Lefty's point.

Imagine if I came on here and stated I purchased a compound bow this morning and planned to go hunting tomorrow. How many of you would have wished me luck or alternatively (and rightfully so) tell me that hunting with a compound after 1 day of practice would be unethical.

Crossbows have a distinct advantage over a bow the same as a rifle has a distinct advantages over a crossbow. And archer's will get annoyed and defensive if told there is no difference.

But, the bow zone was created not for bow hunters, but for wildlife management in an area where the use of a rifle would be frowned upon due to the high density of population. I actually think that if the crossbow crowd focused on the capabilities of a crossbow and were honest about it's advantages and disadvantages, they could gain entry and acceptance in the archery season. Obviously with the amount of deer tags for archery that are available in the bow zone (7 including Strathcona), there must still be need for further population control.
Agree, all bows have advantages and disadvantages.
Traditional is harder to get efficient quicker than a compound than a crossbow...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...