View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 09:40 PM

Most of my experiences with these folks in Canada have been fairly positive. A few weeks ago, I did run into a lady working security at the Ottawa airport, who was a bit short with me ("take your belt off, put it in a tray, and walk through again"); but for the mostpart, they have been very polite, generally saying "please," and sometimes even addressing me as "sir." Americans, on the other hand, are another story entirely; and I have very little to say about either their airport security or the DHS personnel. I don't expect border folks to be friendly...but the Canadian customs officials are at least polite and reasonable. The American officials always treat me like I'm entering the country to murder their entire family. Not cool. *sigh* And I have a conference to go to in San Fran in March...better practice bending over.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor