View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 10:38 AM

Im sorry but I don't get your meaning of try the "excellent stock this gun came with". I bought the stock from a separate dealer not dlask. I think what they are calling the DAR-22 now is not was a DAR-22 was when I ordered this gun. My gun has a large hold down nut and a specially attached threaded receiver and barrel. Dlask has no stocks that will fit this custom gun and could not sell a stock to fit the threaded barrel custom build. Instead they would sell a normal 10/22 stock and I would have to remove wood to make it fit. Dlask told me that they sold boyds (sp) stocks to their customers so I said I would get my stock directly from them which I did. The stock from Boyds was very nicely worked by the gun smith Rod Hendrickson (sp) who added a brass screw hold for the rear hold down screw on the gun as well as new stainless stock screws he made. That is the rear hold down screw came loose and I had to re-press the brass housing into the stock. I have only every had one stock for this gun. The stock in the photos is after Rod Hendrickson worked on the Boyds Stock.

Are we on different pages or ...? Also I fully intend to try this gun soon with the oil off the muzzle device and the stock now torqued as Boyd's recommended those results may take some time to be on the forum though