View Single Post
Old 01-01-2022, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
This is exactly right. I had to delete my initial response as I don't understand people bad mouthing good people with made up stuff.

Huntshield is made in China with AUS-8 steel. Grohmann knives are hand crafted in NS with a minimum of 440C steel.
I use Grohman knives I’ll say that first…… Grohman stainless steel knives are made from 4110 German “Krupp” steel. This is certainly not a high end stainless and isn’t anything close to 440C. Even their carbon steel knives are C70. Not a lot of carbon in that carbon steel. Truth is these are very low knife steels, Grohman does an absolutely amazing job with there heat treatment to turn these steels into very usable functional knives. Everyone wants high end steel, but they don’t want it to rust and they don’t want to learn how to sharpen their knife, so for the majority of people, these Grohman knife steels fit the bill easy to sharpen, and if you have their stainless it probably won’t ever rust on them. Buck knives same thing, that’s why they are 420hc. Functional and they fit the needs and abilities of most people.