View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnDawg View Post
I still watch and listen to meateater but the more I do, the further they get from what they started as. They show more and more that they are a company trying to grow Hunter numbers for a profit. It’s becoming less about the hunt and more about buying their gear (firstlite, fhf, etc). To me a lot of it seems to be more about creating a legacy for themselves and not for what they claim to stand for. Steven was anything but articulate in the conversation with his brother. Unfortunately neither was Matt, but I feel as though he came out of the gun like that because Steve can easily railroad him and his voice wouldn’t really be heard. I read the article before the podcast came out and I agree 100 % with what he speaks too. I post the odd thing on social media about hunting but I won’t be posting an animal ever again. I know it won’t effect anything but it’s a personal choice. Just my 2 cents.
I used to post all kinds of hunting images on Instagram. Not only harvested animals but everything. Then about 6 months ago something changed and I started to see it differently. It seemed so fake. Like you're trying to convince the world you're something special.
Partially it was becoming aware of what type of role model I was being for my son. Kids live on their phones.
But I still did a post of this year's whitetail....so I guess I'm not fully cured!