View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 01:01 PM

Default Social media

I am new to this province, country and the sport of hunting, so I can't speak to the public land hunting of yesteryear, but I have noticed some trends in my short uears here. People I have hunted with who are directly influenced by social media seem to struggle finding motivation and unsuccessful hunts are tough on them. In my humble take on things, I think these people are seeing photos of trophy racks on the back of someone's pack or a grip and grin with a monster animal and they want that, they want the glory, but what these snapshots do not show is the work that needs to be put in to this moment for a regular blue collar guy. It doesn't show them getting up at 4am, driving 2 hours, hiking 5km or scouting for months in the summer, becoming proficient with a weapon and becoming physically fit. People just want the glory without doing the work most of the time and this just equates to lazy hunters, walking or driving the roads with thousands of dollars worth of gear while I'm sat on a hillside 2 bowls back in my walmart camo