View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 03:56 PM

I don’t know too many people, but I don’t know a single person who started hunting because of hunting shows. In fact, I don’t know any people who aren’t hunting who watch hunting shows, aside from meat eater. I don’t even know many hunters aside from a few who watch hunting shows. The only one I ever watched myself was meat eater in its entirety. I watched a bit of this and that, but never a full episode of anything else (maybe Randy’s elk hunting, not sure). Some short tips videos and whatnot.

I am going to go as far as to say that over 90% of hunting shows is garbage that is hard to process even for a hunting guy. Why would someone who never hunted and has no interest watch the rubbish. If I have zero interest in baseball, I never watch it. Why would I?

I like writing about my hunting “adventures” here because I like doing it for myself, maybe to reflect later, maybe someone can chime in with an advice, maybe someone can learn something, or just because. Also, quite a few older fellas enjoy reading it, or so they say. Like Smoky Buck, I like to chat about it and whatnot too.

Other than that, I would never post a photo on facebook or the like. Why would I? Don’t need a pat on the back or find out that some of the people I know are complete nuts by maybe going bonkers after seeing a pic of a harvested animal, lol. Happened to my cousin: a few people went complete batpoop crazy, lol. I also don’t use facebook and haven’t since at least 2008 (maybe 2004?).

Most of it is probably people who hunt watch the rubbish and get outraged or riled up. Doubt anyone else really cares, aside from a few nutjobs, perhaps.

I do agree with those that think facebook and the like are bad for humanity and the environment overall.