View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 04:34 PM

So interesting thing. I just ordered an in stock Dozier from the US. What a pain in the rear end. One company wanted a minimum $500 order and a wire for the first order. No thanks. I considered the $500 and then selling one when they arrived, but the wire killed that idea. The second place that had the knife seemed to be no problem. Placed the order Saturday, picked international USPS priority post for a reasonable cost etc. Then, this morning I get an email from customer service. They want to see my drivers license. Huh? So I call them. Apparently due to the high instance of international credit card fraud this is what they need and if you don’t like it you can go somewhere else. And, they also just changed that policy from a $500 minimum and first order by wire for international customers. But they changed to the drivers license because wire fees started to eat into profits. Well duh.

Anyway, we worked it out, knife is on the way and I’m good to go for subsequent orders. But what a mess.

-Billy Molls