View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Though they are hard to find I would argue the legal bulls I see in 402 are often larger (and more mature) then the the majority I see in the neighboring zones that don't have a September rifle hunt. The terrain of 402 makes it a harder hunt, and hunter success numbers are an indicator of that along with reduced populations. Going 6 point would not solve any of the issues, an aggressive predator management plan is the only way to improve things IMO.

Look at all of the nearby 400 zones that are on draw and 6 point only. They have arguably gone down-hill more than 402.
Heavily thinking of drawing 404 next year , so disappointed to read regarding neighbouring units haha . Saw a decent bull way up high in 402 this past summer when exploring sheep country , not many nicer sights out there . Will likely be controversial , but I wonder if the reduced atv traffic throughout 402 is starting to help them out a bit now , at least wouldn’t hurt I’d think . Regardless of mountain zone , think all of us would like to see more elk on the mountain sides .