View Single Post
Old 01-17-2023, 09:56 PM

[QUOTE=leo;4601559]I've held a hunting license for 44 years. Been hunting with friends and relatives most of my life. When I was younger we'd all drink too damn much booze, but we never went hunting pickled. I hunted with a good friend for a couple years in the 90's. Showed him my spots, gave him permission to hunt on my land and my in-laws. Then one rainy morning he decided to shoot 2 elk, then called me up to tell me mine was ready to field dress . Now I only hunt with my son. I instilled in him the ethics and morals that I believe our wildlife deserve, and I haven't been disappointed since.[/QUOTE

Guys use to come up to my camp when I was logging and stayed in my spare atco trailer ,we use to have a riot some nights .Everyone that came knew the rules ,if you over drank it was no show jones in the morning .if they want to go out half cut then back to town .

So it kept an even deal till I just decided to hunt solo or bring the odd freind up.

Now I hunt with my grandson and before he shot at anything he had to show respect to the animals we hunted .There's way more to hunting then just dropping something. Reading sign,hunting with the wind and thermals ,feild dressing , finding your way around with compass ETC. We hunt thick bush so I want him to learn this way first.

Slowest part of my hunting career ,but by far the most rewarding .

AS for the OP sometimes we just need to find others to hunt with like everything else in life .One good true freind is worth a fortune in life, you don't find them by the dozen . In time things will fall into place for you.

All the best
JD