View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 09:56 AM

My personal opinion,

Reconeco - probably the best camera. Instant text capability. Good quality cameras. Buy a steel box or put spikes on them as animals love ripping off the antennas. They don't get good service in SW alberta, they need to be up pretty high with perfect cell service. My telus cell phone needs 2+ bars for the cameras to work. They are an Alberta company, unreal customer service and good overall cameras. Does get expensive ($180/year unlimited plans) but you can buy monthly or pay per picture, etc. Lots of options depending on your needs.

Cuddeback - they are a cheaply made camera, but have radio capabilities. So you can connect up to 24 cameras into one cellular plan. so if you want cheaper cell plans with more cameras these work well. especially if you have a variable cell service area. You can put the home camera up high with good cell coverage and have pictures coming from areas with zero cell service.

spypoint - i've never used them, but heard they work pretty good., you can also buy a Link unit that connects to most any non-cell camera that you already have for a fraction of the price. Just plug in the link and it works.