View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 02:45 PM

Ive got tactacams, spypoints, muddy manifests and reconyx cell cams. The pro's and cons ive found are:

Tactacam Reveal

Pro's - Very reliable, good battery life, app interface that connects to your phone for aiming is a nice feature, great customer service, decent at obtaining signal

Con's - Picture send frequency is the least customizable. I typically run twice a day, but the only options are immediate, twice a day or once daily, no free plan for limited pictures

Spypoint Micro-lite LTE

Pro's - Free plan that will send 100 pics/month for no charge, more customizable than tactacams

Con's - Unreliable, poor trigger speed, worst at obtaining cell signal out of the bunch, poor pic quality, poor battery life, terrible customer service

Muddy Manifest

Pro's - Cheapest, more reliable than spypoint, more customizable than tactacam reveal, better pic quality than spypoint, good customer service, great at obtaining signal

Con's - No free plan after the first month, poor battery life, slowest trigger speed

Reconyx Hyperfire HC600

Pro's - By far the best picture quality, by far the fastest trigger speed, best battery life, great at obtaining signal, most reliable, most customizable

Con's - By far the most expensive (could have gotten 4-5 muddy manifests for the price of one of these), no free plan, data plan and SIM from local carrier needed which is a recurring monthly cost or pay as you go, far and away the biggest pain in the azz to set up to function properly, heaviest if your packing it any distance.

Ultimately, depends what a guy is looking for.....if you have a gate or cabin you want to reliably keep an eye on, then reconyx all the way (thats where I have mine lol). If your looking to cover as much of your huntable land as possible, I would actually go with the muddy manifests over all others. The Tactacam is all around a better camera without question, but I have found the manifests often for about $100, wheras the reveals I bought were about $160. To me, there isnt enough pro's from the tactacam to warrant the extra price if your looking for maximum area coverage. If you want 2 or 3 though, then the tactacam would be my choice. I have 5 spypoints and a couple cell links, and wouldnt buy anymore, id steer clear of spypoint.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by 300magman; 01-21-2023 at 02:52 PM.