View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 03:12 PM

Back in the day in the early 70s my dad and his few friends would hunt in the hunting cabin of the owner of Zeidler Forestry products . When Zeidler was to old to hunt he sold the hunting equipment to my dad and his friends, and they could use the cabin any time . My first trip with them was very exciting . There was only one road that went south between Edson and Hinton . That road ended at the cabin . After that it was un touch cutlines . Those were the days before ATV were even built . We all jumped in to a 1965 British Land Rover that was built out of aluminum . This think had balloon tires on it . I remembered jumping out of the back to help push it up a hill and i was hip deep in snow and this thing was just floating on top . Just 4x4 all over the country side made the trip for me . We never did get any big game that week . I really wanted to shot something with the old army riffle . But we did mange to shoot around 21 Jack Rabbits with 22s which you don't see anymore in the bush . Just small cotton bunnies nows. Few years later I bought a Rem.30-06 auto and the whole crew hunted at the end of Virgina hills road then across the goose river . Those were the days again . First week of opening season it was open season for cow moose . Then only bull moose was allowed We pulled out 3 cows in the first two days . We went back every years after that and filled our tags . If anyone knows that area ,thats where the biggest Moose of Alberta was taken from around 1979 . on the old air strip along the goose river . And still is #1
Those were the days .