View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
Interesting about the reels & line. When I flew to Hawaii I carried both of my reels as carry-on without issue. In fact, when I was checking in for our flight out, I messed up and put my carry-on daypack on top my laptop and had the privilege of being thoroughly searched due to my thoughtlessness. Curiously, the reels didn't seem to be an issue and I'm sure they knew they were there. Also, my current surf rod is 11 1/2' long but I want something longer that will get my bait out to the Ulua.

ETA: The only travel surf rods I've come across are the Rapala Baja's. Which max out at 11 1/2 or 12'. If anyone knows of something longer in a 4 or more piece, I would be very interested in where I can get one.
You can check these out. http://fish.shimano-eu.com/content/f...SURF_BX-H.html

You have to find a place that will ship to canada. These rods are 15' and 7 piece and cast 8 oz which is good for weight and bait but too stiff for 1-4 oz shore lures. They are also heavy so made for casting bait and then sticking into a holder while you wait. Too heavy for continuous casting with lures.

I do not recommend the Rapala line up for travel rods. They are cheaply made and do not last for more than one trip with out repairs. The 11'-6" would work in a pinch but the 13'-6" is too floppy.