View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS View Post
https://www.santiamfishingproducts.com

Anyone try these rods? They don't ship to Canada but you can get them new on eBay.
Just haven't seen may reviews on them
Looks like another option although I think they are too long for a suitcase. I have a 5 piece 11'-6" that's 32" long and that just fits. The 11' ft in this series in a case would be 36" and the 12' even longer. They might fit into a duffel bag but those are actually oversize luggage as far as I can tell. Also the butt section is too short for serious distance casting. My shortest rod has 24" from end of rod to center of reel and 27" is more comfortable. My back up rod is a 13'-3" telescopic that breaks down to 46" which I can carry on in Canada but has to be checked in Mexico. For 3 trips I have paid $50/us to bring it back. This year the agent fell for my sob story and let it slide thru for free. I think because I was already paying extra for my soft sided cooler full of frozen snapper. The Sweet Grass Montana warehouse works good for getting things shipped for free or close to here. And if your smart you order stuff before you fly out of the country and then declare it as part of your duty free.