View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
So I found a few places to hunt on ducks unlimited land and it's on the Alberta Conservation site as accessible but the owner came and told me he is leasing the land to ducks unlimited and will call F&W and the RCMP for trespassing...

How is this even possible? On the county maps it shows ducks unlimited and on the grazing lease site there is no mention of it.

Anyone ever have this happen?
lots of ducks unlimited land is privately owned
ducks unlimited has a forever easement lease on them
the land owner actually has the right to allow or disallow entry on the land
and many ducks unlimited lands are on the map title as ducks unlimited but it is owned by a farmer or other property owner
two of my friends and I bought a section of land with one of these easement leases
we can not build a house or permeant building on this land we can not drain the water off of it
we can only graze cattle after the said nesting period , we use it only for our own recreational purposes
on the county land map it is marked as ducks unlimited owners but this is not so it is our land we bought it on an on line ducks unlimited auction for dirt cheap, our cost of purchasing this land was $23,000, pretty cheap land for recreational land , eg, hunting camping quading but it has to stay in its oh dee natural state
it will cost us $45,000 to get the ducks unlimited easement lifted
the land isn't any good for farm land as its mostly treed and under water any ways
so we are happy with it as it is
this may explain why the owner has that right to allow you access or did allow you access
if you look up ducks unlimited land auctions you may find land in your area for sale with the same easements on it
here is one of the land sale sites
prairie.ducks.org/index.cfm?&page=/cld/listings.html
shoot where their
going not where they been,

Last edited by Diesel_wiesel; 04-05-2017 at 07:54 AM.