Thread: ............
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 09:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyeMG View Post
I would consider myself to be optimistic about hunting pronhorn in Alberta. This year with a priority only increase for my draw it puts me at a level 5. If these numbers hold steady I'm hoping to draw in 5-6 years time minimum putting me at age 33-34. However I look at my hunting partners sons situation and he turned 12 this year which means by the time he is 22 he would be in a position where he could start seriously looking at hunting them a few years after that ( which still puts him at an age younger than I am now). So in my opinion new hunters should apply as soon as they can for any draw to increase there chances of getting drawn. If left to long though it would greatly decrease there chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can be as optimistic as you like but there are 20,190 people with the same or better priority than what you have. So at ~700 tags per year you could be waiting another 28 years to get drawn. That's if there isn't another bad winter which previously caused the number of tags to drop to 140/yr.