View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorahsDad View Post
I reject the supernatual supposition that being a Muslim gives one a special ability to understand that Qur'an and that non-believers cannot understand it (ie. that you have to believe in something to be able to understand it).

I consider myself very capable of understanding the Qur'an (and much more difficult texts).

Wrong. It never goes anywhere because you presumably keep making the same fallacious arguments you've made with me over and over again. You are probably just here to run around in circles and try to muddy the waters, not to engage in an honest and serious discussion.

When I want to understand Kant I read Kant. Maybe you need help comprehending basic sentences like "Believers are not to take disbelievers as friends", but I would think anyone with about a grade 9 English level should be able to handle it.
As an expert have you talked with lots of Muslims? Talked with Imams?

No. Because you believe in hate. Big internet reader. I stand against your hate. I always will. So no point in arguing with someone unwilling to reason.

You do realize your quote above is a passage...interpreted into English. You realize there is a difference between modern day moderate muslims and just like Christians.

You realize there is a newer religion that is based upon a version of Christianity that also is very cloistered. That kids predominately play with other kids. You realize Catholic schools are in part based so that catholic kids play predominately and make friends predominantly with other catholic kids. So stating an interpreted passage that teaches Muslims should hang with Muslims is not unique.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin