View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justbyfaith View Post
It costed 35$ the second time, the first time it was 28$ before they raised the cost.
Then you received no warranty. Sportsman's Den in Red Deer had a few rod sections (tips for the 2 piece Signature Series) for the same price.

They simply allowed you to buy a part that probably cost the company less than $10 with the components used. No favors or warranty involved.

Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing TFO and do not want to argue with you. I am simply telling you that they are selling components (this is a good thing) not warranting faulty components. You paid full price and got only what you paid for.

I have three TFOs in the basement and strongly recommend them for beginners. They have a nice forgiving action and won't break your heart if you hit them with bead heads and streamers.

If you take your time and try several of the same rods you will find some are better than others by how the eyes are put on the blank. Every blank has a sweet spot where it flexes and if the eyes are wrapped properly it makes a world of difference.

I believe there are other options that should be investigated in this price range. Like I mentioned earlier, the components on the Redingtons are better quality and the rods are faster if you prefer that action. I also believe the Redingtons are put together with more care given to the flex of the blank.