Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post

Why do I say I am proof?

I am reluctant to share this because I don't want to draw attention to myself. But I am alive today (Praise God !) because many years ago God prevented my death in a work accident in which I should have bled to death in moments. The doctors were astonished that my femoral artery wasn't severed by a circular saw that got away from me one day. There was no logical reason why that artery wasn't shredded. The one in my left leg was fully exposed, flesh ripped from around it, but the artery wasn't even scratched! It should have been ripped apart! I've got a scar running from just above my knee to my hip. All the doctors could say was, "It's a miracle!"
And I could tell lots more personal stories about how God has worked, and is working, through and in my life, making what was impossible possible, and providing when only miracle provision was possible - however, it must be said that there is a 'requirement' - I have to be obedient to His work and call.
I have 'heard' the 'voice' of God speaking to my heart - and 'heard' it in my mind (Okay - here's where someone can make their snide comments about hearing voices ). I followed His instructions and that led me to where I am today. Of course, most generally speaking, only a person who believes in God is enabled by His Holy Spirit to 'hear' God speaking!
I can say out of absolute conviction that I would not be where I am today except for the fact that God Almighty, Creator of the Universe, loves me, has saved me from my sin through the work Jesus did for me at the cross of Calvary some 2000 years ago, and has taken me back as a son. I would gladly die for Him!

Now I don't expect anyone to believe because of my experiences and faith, nevertheless, it is grossly unfair to dismiss faith as proof just because it is faith. And that is because faith is rooted in real, verifiable experiences of real people just like me. To say otherwise is akin to denying my very existence!
I hear you, and am with you on the manifestation of God,s works through the miracles that He does for us. I still have pictures of a car that I was driving at a high speed when it was pulled into a cement divider, by slush on the road. During the incident a peace came over and a brightness appeared to the right of me, and although it was not in an audible voice, my conscious registered suttle words telling me not to worry that I would be all right. Needles to say the car flipped after having its nose sawed of by the barrier, and began rolling over and over again. When it came to rest about fifty feet from a cement wall, I looked about me to see that the roof was gone along with the front and rear of the car torn off. I didn't have a mark on me. This is one of many accounts where I have witnessed God,s hand at work. What a mighty God we serve.

Thanks for your witness and may God continue to bless you richly with His presence

Last edited by 30Cal; 02-10-2012 at 04:52 PM.