View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Mil has offered me her industrial pfaff machine, so I am thinking I have a winter project lined up. Can anyone offer helpful tips?

I am thinking that by using the existing material will of course be massively helpful, and when I go to sew the pieces together I will use a pencil line to follow very slowly, but YouTube and google can only teach me so much.

Happily I have an empty bay so the boat can sit all winter in the shop, and with the 18 year old leaving soon I have a room to sew in, just need to get creative.

Piping scares me.....
Piping is simple enough, you'd be surprised.

Take your old upholstery and a seam ripper. lots of pictures and number each piece in order of disassembly. You now have your pattern for the fabric you choose and number the backs of them accordinglyso reassembly is easier.

If this is your first time, get spare chunks of fabric and piping and practice getting your seams with them straight.

Mom was a seamstress, uncle did upholstery work, step daughter did fashion design in college ( don't ask) picked up a few things. Fabric comes apart a lot easier then welded steel if your seams aren't straight.

Stupidity is taxable and sometimes I get to be the collector.