View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragweed View Post
Amen to the Thank you comment...but on the other hand...everyone has to learn sometime. Some folks need to get their experience by trying it for themselves. Thumbs up to those who will try.
(But ALWAYS say thank you!)
Granted everybody has to learn sometime, but in retrospect I should have left him there to squirm for a while. The problem for me was that he got stuck like 30 yards from me and I watched him do it. Kinda hard to stand back and watch without looking like a douche

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacringa View Post
You're a better man than I am, Geezle. I would have dug someone out once; but if they were too thick to turn back at that point, they'd be on their own for the next go-'round, even if they had to do it with their bare hands!
I told him once he got going to just keep heading straight back the way he came. Problem is that he couldn't even keep the car on the path and kept ending up in the fluff. The last time he got stuck I did some digging and then passed the shovel off to him. He just kinda looked at me and I told him that more needed to be cleared before he could get out of where he was, and then again emphasized that he should head back to shore.

While we (I) were digging a guy in a truck stopped by and asked if the stuck guy had a tow hook and offered to pull him out. The guy just kinda looked confused...I don't think he even knew what a tow hook was or why his car might have one.

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams