View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorne View Post
Geeze you are indeed a saint, and although I agree with you, I have to throw in a few things, no matter what you drive....for the love of god if you intend to drive in deep snow on ice...at least fork out a few bucks for good rubber...in a low llying vehicle you worn out all seasons are not going to do squat...back in the day all I had was an old 85 nissan pular...beat up and look like something from Mad Max....but I put the cheapest, largest radius tires I could squeeze on there and slapped on some chains...it was awsome!! On the chain note...why don't more people who drive on the ice have them?? Deep snow, flood water....seem pretty logical..I have a 4X4 pick up now, lots of room for all my gear and that includes a set of chains....small price to pay for some serious insurance....
You're right about both the tires and the chains. This guy was on his stock all terrains, and they looked like they were the original tires - quite worn down. And as soon as this guy got off the path he was just plowing the snow. I don't know if chains would have helped him or not in that stuff.

Either way I should really look into a set for the Jeep...y'know, for all the less than intelligent spots I put myself into

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams