View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the local angler View Post
one of my female neighbours got stuck in her car in really deep snow and the same thing happened she spun the tires and now the snow and ice around the tire was polished and slipery. so i put my jacket on and was going to give her a hand and then i watched her go to the trunk of her car grab a bag of kitty litter and poured it into the area around the tire and in the polished ice area and she litterally just drove out just like that. i found that very intreging. but i am not sure how biodegratable or enviormently safe this is to use on a frozen lake unless the stuff is cleaned up after.
Would have been nice if the clown that I dug out repeatedly would have though ahead enough to do something similar. In a real pinch your floor mats will also work similarly.

As for cleanup, most kitty litter is just clay, so unless it's the scented stuff cleanup shouldn't really be an issue I wouldn't think.

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams