View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
For the same reason, I think it makes sense to defend what we have and even try to improve it. The reason other places are worse is because they allowed bad things to happen, though other things can be to do with their respective economies, not everywhere is blessed with abundant natural resources that have strong market values allowing for strong employment numbers. Complacency would just have us slide into 67th place. Who cares about our standing on such a list, it would be nice if everywhere had good evaluation numbers and the world was a giant prosperous tie. Perhaps you’re looking at it backwards, maybe we made that list precisely because people both defend what we have as well as build upon it. What I do know for certain is that apathy doesn’t get anything done.
We made the list because dinosaurs died and rotted in the ground creating thick black stuff that cars can run on. You honestly think people advocate for their communities more here than in other parts of NA? I don't think so. If you do, that's cool too.