View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 11:26 AM

Default Something tells me we should be SCARED

On the drive in this morning a radio commercial from Government of Canada telling people that the Government understand the financial stress people are under (Laughed so hard I almost **IT myself!).

Then, and this is the part that scares me, the Ad tells people to go talk to their bank about their Mortgage situation so that the BANK can HELP (yeah, that is pretty funny too!) with options to reduce the financial pressure.

OK, When the Government is trying to get in front of a problem, you know it is a big problem, and it is in the rear view mirror and coming up Fast.

Maybe this is a National Ad, as I don't see foreclosure problems being on the forefront in Alberta, but there clearly is a worry somewhere in the Feds about a backlash in the next few months.

Maybe we will find out that the Bank of Canada has to do another rate increase, on the reason that Inflation is still out of control. Maybe the Bank of Canada is having trouble attracting Bond purchasers in the international Markets.

Whatever it is, for the Government of Canada to recognize that there is a foreclosure problem approaching fast, and then tries to give "advice", to the soon to be beleaguered, it means we are in alot of trouble.

Wait, I know the solution. MORE Carbon Tax. After all, the problem is Climate Change. If you do not agree, well then you are a RACIST.

It must be great having a Trust Fund offshore with jet setting friends to drink champagne with.

Drewski