View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo1010 View Post
quick question for the guys in the know, if osb is so superior to plywood why do they still make plywood if it is so inferior to osb?
As already commented on, for certain applications OSB is far better. I also said IMO. Take as that an opinion; you or anyone may choose your own product. All I said is that in the course of a year myself and crew can install well over 50,000 sheets, walls, floor and roof. When installing OSB I never have a problem, period. I cannot say that of Plywood.
Just like engineered joists- ever seen a 2x10 span 25' over a living room?? nope cause they cant. The new floors are all engineered joists because they are stronger srtaighter and have way more felxiblity for plumbing heating etc.. and wait for it..... they are made with OSB. The engineers recomend OSB subfloor for there joist, but what do they know.
Same as me, what do I know just been installing the S*@t for 20 years. Note: a good saw blade with a consceince framer can go a long way, it is nails, concrete and foreign matter than ruins the blades way faster.