View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleup View Post
My wife and I were in Cdn Tire southside Lethbridge store last Friday, looking for a knife gift for our grandson, who recently passed his hunter training course. I was looking at the knives, all of which are behind locked glass doors. Seamed strange to lock up knives, so walked to adjacent isle and there were over a hundred kitchen knives all just there --- on public display--- without being locked up? Next isle had construction/carpenter knives, all just being displayed also??? I noticed right there two Canadian Tire "Suits" trying to sell Cdn Tire credit cards, so I approached them, they looked important with their suits on and big Cdn Tire badges on the front. i asked the one fellow why the "hunting knives" are locked up and all other knives are not?? He told me that was because the "hunting knives" are SHARPER than the kitchen knives. He told me they were very very dangerous, because they are so sharp. I asked why the kitchen knives weren't sharp, ... he told me they didn't need to be, only hunting knives needed to be sharp.. i asked if he had ever hunted.. to which he blatantly answered NO.. I looked at him, and said " well i am a hunter" and now i rest my case.. and just walked away shaking my head.
I am glad i didn't ask why the guns were behind locked glass cases.
Did you count the fingers on his hands? Any decent cook knows that sharp kitchen knives are safer than dull ones.