View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 01:57 PM

One of the issues here on AO is that discussions tend to become less discussions and more, "You're an "insert whatever term here," and I'm right 'cause." Not many people actually discuss the issues and chew through them.

Another issue that a few people on here have near unlimited time to post and tend to use that time to post repeatedly... So all-in it's often less about the issues than attacking other people and posting like a run-away chainsaw.

Somewhere around 30 percent of this theoretically very pro-hunting website don't want unrestricted handgun hunting. I expect the numbers in the general population will be about 90+ percent opposed to the idea, as am I for reasons already outlined.

And I'm sick of the "divided we fall" argument. If we all get behind handgun hunting, unlimited quad use, high-impact camping and many of the other "styles" that some favour on here then we'll be an endangered species ourselves. If we stand behind environmentally ridiculous practices or unethical hunting then we all look look like idiots. It's time for us to clean up our image a bit, not continue to reinforce bad stereotypes.