View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So he is half blind and he is acceptable to work as a peace officer? So what might happen if he lost his glasses in an altercation, and he was armed and trying to aim a handgun? Who knows who might get shot.

I personally know a few people that work as bylaw/peace officers, and as security, that were took these jobs after being turned down, when they applied to the RCMP. Obviously the RCMP had some reason that they didn't accept them.

True, but people in my profession aren't allowed to carry firearms while on the job, so if they do make a bad decision because of incompetence,nobody gets shot.

Would you care to point out where I called anyone names in my post?
In order;

Quit after he found out. Works IT now.

Does that equal more than half? And how do you know? Do you hang out with them? If so do your friends know you feel this way? Did they just pull over one day and confide in you because you have a friendly face? Or, did you hear it from someone who heard it from someone?

The people that you're so concerned about aren't allowed to carry a firearm either. What is it that you do for a living? How do I know that if you screw up it won't cost someone their life? Has anyone in your profession ever cost anyone their life? If so then clearly you should all be made to do something less dangerous.

I didn't point you out as calling anyone names. I pointed you out because according to your post you, along with mike-edmonton, bet your paycheques that more than half of the peace officers in Alberta "couldn't become real police". I called you on it, you owe me your paycheque. After all "a few" is hardly half of 3000.