View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Quit after he found out. Works IT now.
So how did he get to be a PO without knowing that he was half blind? That doesn't say much for the standards to qualify to be a PO? And with such low standards, you want those people to carry handguns?

Quote:
Does that equal more than half? And how do you know? Do you hang out with them? If so do your friends know you feel this way? Did they just pull over one day and confide in you because you have a friendly face? Or, did you hear it from someone who heard it from someone?
I do know a few POs through a neighbor that was one, and a couple of friends became POs after the RCMP refused them. Of the POs that I know, about half were refused by the RCMP.

Quote:
The people that you're so concerned about aren't allowed to carry a firearm either. What is it that you do for a living? How do I know that if you screw up it won't cost someone their life? Has anyone in your profession ever cost anyone their life? If so then clearly you should all be made to do something less dangerous.
I work in the oil industry, and I have never heard of anyone doing my particular job that has ever shot anyone while on the job. In fact firearms are not allowed on our site, including security. In over 30 years on the job, there have been very fatalities at my plant, and none were the result of decisions by people doing my particular job.

Quote:
I didn't point you out as calling anyone names. I pointed you out because according to your post you, along with mike-edmonton, bet your paycheques that more than half of the peace officers in Alberta "couldn't become real police". I called you on it, you owe me your paycheque. After all "a few" is hardly half of 3000.
And you haven't proven that half of the POs in Alberta would be able to do the job of a real police officer, so nothing has been proven either way.