View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So how did he get to be a PO without knowing that he was half blind? That doesn't say much for the standards to qualify to be a PO? And with such low standards, you want those people to carry handguns?

I do know a few POs through a neighbor that was one, and a couple of friends became POs after the RCMP refused them. Of the POs that I know, about half were refused by the RCMP.

I work in the oil industry, and I have never heard of anyone doing my particular job that has ever shot anyone while on the job. In fact firearms are not allowed on our site, including security. In over 30 years on the job, there have been very fatalities at my plant, and none were the result of decisions by people doing my particular job.

And you haven't proven that half of the POs in Alberta would be able to do the job of a real police officer, so nothing has been proven either way.

Never said he was a CPO. I said I worked with him.

So hearsay and you're selling out your friends.

A CPO in Alberta has never killed anyone either. Saying they can't have a firearm because of what might happen or something they might do seems to be something most people on this forum are trying to stop. You might climb the clock tower one day and start squeezing off rounds too. So how should we start climbing that slippery slope?

So does that mean you're not sending me your cheque?