View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallieho View Post
thanks for the report...now if those figures are correct,it would seem that they are not meeting there objective of 10%[QLF] must be over 50cm.it will be interesting to see if they take a proactive approach ie c&r[beaver lk].they allowed the %'s to get so low that this c&r had to be implemented..
I don't think I was clear on what I posted, the 6.5 represents the % of fish kept, of those reported caught over the 50cm threshold. In other words 93.5 of the fish that were over 50 cm. were released.

The % of fish caught over 50cm. was 7.5%, which in my mind is a good number given the fishing pressure. I think the largest fish get increasingly difficult to catch, because of, for lack of a better term they get smarter. So I think they are there just not getting caught. They are considering netting to get a larger sampling to see if that is the case. From my discussions I know that the food supply is on their minds. It seems the FW shrimp supply going down, both in numbers and size.

Another option that is being considered is stocking all females for a year and see how they do.

Thomas Sowell