View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 04:37 PM

Scott N …. I searched Amazon, there are a number of suppliers for the Kayak Seat, decided to get all my components from a Cdn source, paid $60.00 to Aquamarine & saved some delivery charges.

Happy …. waaaaayyyy better ???? ….. you challenging me to race for pink slips my Z-z tube always wins!

Darren N
….. after rowing Scott’s “Caddis tube” you could cover a lot of distance easily & it was effortless. I don’t believe using 1 paddle or a kayak style double paddle would work very well with a float tube as you would have to paddle as you mentioned backwards or in reverse otherwise you may end up going in circles. The oar locks were $25.00 each the 2 paddles $59.00/both, not a major investment.

I posted the following “Air Cell or Bladder Repairs” under another thread, decided to cut/paste it here to incorporate all the info into this thread for those who may have future issues and search the forum looking for past recommendations/solutions.

Keywords = Float Tube Vinyl Air Cell Bladder Seam Tear Repair Type B Patch Successful

I had some Cdn Tire “Goop” and inserted the applicator into the seam to bond the inside of the tear, I used a teaspoon to work it back into the damaged area. Used some sandpaper to rough up the vinyl area I was going to patch, then clean it with acetone, or use alcohol wipes, now you’re ready for the repair. Scott gave me some of his “Tear Aid” he got it from Princess Auto, I used a small amount to patch the initial tear in the seam. I found the Stanley Vinyl Repair at Cdn Tire, it’s used for swimming pool seam repairs, I used it to make a large patch to cover the entire seam. In other words I made a double patch. After the repair I inflated the tube to 60% and allowed the Goop & seam repair material set for 24 hours then filled the bladder to 90% and let it sit overnight, no leaks.

Lesson Learned - Don't over inflate it will blow a seam!

A few Pic’s

D.