View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 10:29 AM

You probably need to get to know an area better than you currently do.

Know the predominant wind movements, know how the land affects the wind and critter movements. Squirrels, rabbits, gophers and other game can teach you tonnes. I try to put the sneak on deer, elk, moose when I’m out running in the off season.... very cool experiences.

Go arrow gophers, but only take 15 foot shots. You’ll learn tonnes about critters and movement... and when to move.

Get out of the gym, get into the bush and sneak up on as many different critters as you can.
If your dedicated to training your body so much... go outside and train your mind to how the bush operates.

And there’s lots and lots of elk that can be had within bow range. Lots that are surprisingly close to Edmonton and other towns. You need to get out.

Lie others said, reset you priorities.... doewned critters does not make for a realistic benchmark when your learning-scouting.

I’ve had probably a dozen very legit chances with elk and deer with my bow... 90% of that was stalking-calling.

Only cashed in on a few.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."