View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Amphipods are documented to transport on birds. They can survive desiccation as well as they can grab on.

There is no documented evidence and study on transport of fish by birds.

Depending upon where the pond is relative to other water...there could be a gravel stringer with water that connects bodies of water. Not studied that I am aware of but I have found bull trout alive in gravel under a dry creek surface. They were living about 1-2 feet below the surface.

These links don't prove your point.
Sundance,

I am not trying to prove anything - I am offering a plausible theory that is the most likely to be accurate based on what little we know.

"Gravel Stingers" are unlikely here as this is a dugout some 6 mile away from the nearest water source as per the OP.

Keep in mind "just because the students did not find evidence to support this theory does not mean it has been disproved"

If you have a degree in any science, you should be well aware of that.

Why don't you PROVE that a aqueduct under ground, which happen to come up exactly where the dugout was constructed, and brought sticklebacks over 6 miles ...... that would definitely be revolutionary. Just repeating it sound ridiculous.

Don't assume the people you are talking to on the forum are not qualified and educated to provide their thoughts or opinions. You might just be surprised on here.