View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
The writing is on the wall, and it doesn't say that the Flames are leaving - quite the opposite actually. This demonstration by the Calgary Flames supports and brings awareness to the City of Calgary and their negotiation tactics.

If you care to go into detail, you will find this is not a new problem. The Millennium Park debacle is a good place to start. The City will force their hand every. single. time. Then celebrate the result as a benefit for citizens, when in fact, it is just the opposite.

Plain and simple folks - within the City Council, resides several councillors who's tenure exceeds ten years in on City Council. Looking back, many of the contentious issues that have divided Calgarians, these aforementioned councillors were right in the middle of.

The Flames will not leave YYC. Ken King isn't the monster here.

However, the water is getting hotter for Nenshi and Council. Citizens are becoming increasingly aware that they are being fed what the government believes is best for Calgary and it's citizens - not acting as the voice of the citizens.

You can thank Ken King, Contemporary Calgary and Uber for highlighting this failure, dig a little deeper and the mud only gets thicker.

Just in time for an election.
Agree 99%

The one percent of my disagreement with you is the Citizens are not as aware as they should be. The upcoming election has me worried severly.
I dont trust the average joe is going to care and will follow through with the expected apathy and vote for the encumbent.

MAC

Save time... see it my way