View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 01:16 PM

Here's one more. This happened in our previous house, a small, tidy bungalow in semi-rural NS which was built in the early 1970's. The place had a finished basement with the exception of a workshop and utility room, which is where we kept our chest style deep freezer.

Anyways, everything was fine until one week when we would occasionally smell cigarette smoke in the basement. This was slightly unusual since no one in the house smoked and the neighboring houses were not that close, and we wouldn't smell it upstairs. One day that week we sent one of the kids to the basement to get something out of the freezer. The kid came back empty handed saying he couldn't get the door open. My wife went down and came back saying the same thing. I went down and sure enough something was blocking the door to the utility room from inside the room (the door opened toward the inside of the room). I put my shoulder into it and forced the door open. The heavy deep freeze had been slid across the floor about a foot and a half, enough to block the door. There was no way in or out of that room except that door which was blocked. The whole family was there and we were just looking at each other with a 'WTF' look.

We shrugged it off as one of those unexplainable things that occasionally happen. We later found out that our next door neighbor, who was a smoker, had passed away in the hospital at around the same time. So who knows? Maybe he was pulling a prank. LOL.