View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:31 PM

Great stories, I am a little reluctant to tell this but here goes. When I was growing up I was attached to my grandfather at the hip. Everyday after school he would pick me up and I would go to the farm with him. I learned a lot from him about life, the outdoors, vehicles etc. My parents divorced when i was 16 and a year later my grandparents and my father moved to BC. I went every summer to visit them. My grandfather passed away when I was in my mid twenties, the 3 of us use to hunt out of the same area a lot. One year I had bought a old tent trailer and I headed out west to set up for a few days of hunting. I parked in the exact spot that my Grandfather, Father and I parked for years. When I first arrived things felt different but I just figured it was some emotions and memories. I grabbed the first box from the trailer and when I turned around i saw my grandfather sitting in a chair around the fire pit. I was more than shocked. I just froze, he stood up and told me it was ok, grab a chair and sit down. I did and sat next to him. by now I was a mess crying still not sure what was happening. I told him that I missed him,, he said to me,,, go forward with your life. Don't forget were you come from and do your best. He then said I have to go before I get wet. At that moment it started to rain and he was gone.. at first i thought I had imagined the whole thing because of were I parked. The thing I couldn't explain was the 2nd chair and the empty coffee cup that I never took out of the trailer. I still feel his presence every now and then while I hunt