View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 09:54 AM

Default So what's with killn fish!

CV, Pine Coulee, Newell etc. fisheries are within say 1.5 hrs of 1.4 MM folks. Thats the difference between Sask. n Alta.

CV is now 25 years old, i would suggest that the Reservoir is still evolving.

Comments on here have suggested the Pike fishery has changed, I believe that, it seems they (the easy ones that want to bite my wally gear) top out at about 70 cm's or so. I know, I know there are bigger Pike in here, but just sayn. I'd love to see a 0 limit on pike.

Yesterday we found all sizes of wally's from 20 cm's to about 50 cm's. lots of different year classes. So it would seem to me that the "no kill on the walleyes" is a raging sucess. Folks of all age groups were catching from shore, boats etc. so that has to be a sucess.

I have reported here the walleys get into about a foot or two of water near sundown, well last nite kids of all ages had a ball, and at sundown it all shut down, the kids seemed to be be leading that effort (shut down) as "Dad thats the law" was heard.

To be near three cities and have this fishery is something to be cherrished. Also Fish n Wildlife was out last weekend, great to see that.