Thread: metis info
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
My interpretation is Trigger7mm is a proud Metis who would has made his own way instead of looking for special treatment. It also appears that he can see the value in our conservation system and would rather apply for draws and buy tags like everyone else. It also seems like his focus is on maintaining wildlife for generations to come instead of taking all he wants for himself.
Looks like he also thinks we should act as ONE group and fight the battles at hand. He also thinks we should enjoy our weekend.
Like I said, just my interpretation, could be way off.
You’re right Buckbrush, that’s the point I was trying to make. If I don’t get to shoot a moose, because I didn’t get drawn for one, it’s not a big deal like it may have been 150 years ago. For a family that are falling on hard times, and can genuinely use the meet, then I would have no problem with that. I hope that fellow Métis hunters don’t let greed dictate their actions just because of their new found rights. Last fall I met a guy who was up hunting for “whatever he saw”. When I asked him what he meant, he said it was because he had a treaty card. I know for a fact that he had already taken a large bull elk several weeks before the regular hunting season. How much meat does a person need. I might add that this fellow didn’t look at all hard up from the type of rifle and gear he had with him. It was all top shelf equipment. Let’s all just try to preserve and manage all we have to enjoy. Our future generations are depending on us.