Thread: metis info
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 08:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
You’re right Buckbrush, that’s the point I was trying to make. If I don’t get to shoot a moose, because I didn’t get drawn for one, it’s not a big deal like it may have been 150 years ago. For a family that are falling on hard times, and can genuinely use the meet, then I would have no problem with that. I hope that fellow Métis hunters don’t let greed dictate their actions just because of their new found rights. Last fall I met a guy who was up hunting for “whatever he saw”. When I asked him what he meant, he said it was because he had a treaty card. I know for a fact that he had already taken a large bull elk several weeks before the regular hunting season. How much meat does a person need. I might add that this fellow didn’t look at all hard up from the type of rifle and gear he had with him. It was all top shelf equipment. Let’s all just try to preserve and manage all we have to enjoy. Our future generations are depending on us.
I cant see how this is about meat considering the survey from the Metis themselves. Seems the vast majority is willing to drive any place from 3 hours + in the province to hunt. That tells me they are not doing it for any reason other than sport and greed. Your story doesn't surprise me. This is getting taken advantage of and now the flood gates are open.