Thread: metis info
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passthru View Post
It doesn’t work that way. You must be a bloodline descendent, you can’t marry into it. Not sure what half truths he told to get that card but it sounds very fishy. Anyways, just because you hold a Métis card does not mean that you can be a Métis harvester. Your descendants must be from an Alberta Métis community, pre 1900s. I hold a Métis card but cannot be a harvester because my ancestral family is from Manitoba. Wish I could hunt more as didn’t kill a damn thing with my bow last hunting season. Oh well, carry on as usual.
Ok, once again, I held it in my hand. What his specific rights are, I do not know. I am just saying that the system is screwed and the whole idea of this is bad. His wife very pointedly brought up the fact they needed to get the kids registered in hopes that more "rights" will become available as the kids get older.

I really don't blame them for the kids. If I could find a advantage for my kids they will have access if I can help. I just managed to get my Son his USA citizenship. I would doubt that he will use this Metis card for anything other than to have a really good story around camp.