View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathews z7 View Post
Interesting I might have to try it , I just been trying without a peep and seems like I am more relaxed , soon as I use my peep I can’t stop myself from punching the trigger soon as my peep lines up with my pin. Frustrating, it’s in my head now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not to over analyze, but it sound like your peep and sight ring alignment does not happen naturally as part of your draw and anchor sequence. You should be able to close your eyes, draw and anchor, move your finger into the shot position (resting on the trigger), then open your eyes and have perfect alignment. If this is not happening then something may be off with your anchor point, peep height, grip, balance left to right, draw length, draw weight, d-loop length, or release set-up.

Normally when I set this up, I worry first about perfect peep and sight ring alignment and then fine tune my draw length (string twists), d-loop length, release set up to where it is most natural and comfortable. Last thing I do is manipulate my stabilizer set-up for balance so I do not have to adjust my grip once at full draw and anchored.

If all you do is remove the peep but are still not naturally coming to full draw and anchor, you will continue to fight the bow and punch the trigger.