Thread: Busted Ribs
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool View Post
I'm a farmer, I am completely self employed. I'd guess you'd say my job is quite physical.
I think you are going to have to learn to cut back on what you do. I know it won't be easy. Asking for help to do a job you are used to doing is tough.

My ribs were broke right about where the elbow hangs, but most of my grief comes from where the ribs join the breast bone in the front and the spine in the back. I had a broken shoulder from the same wreck so cutting back wasn't hard, if I went to far, my body told me.

How long you are going to be off is a tough question, I am not a doctor and I don't know the damage done. I was back doing my regular chores fairly soon but with changes. I had to pull start my chainsaw with my left hand. A person soon learns how far to push things, the difference between a rib telling you it is sore and a rib telling you about a new injury is something to listen to.

It's been a couple of years now and things are good again, I don't think I am going to see pain free again, I think this one will hang around and nag me for a while yet. But in a lot of ways, life is good.