Thread: Muddler minnow
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 01:55 PM

Smile

I tie a wide variety of muddlers. Some have cone heads, some are very sparce muddlers for fishing at the west coast. The sparce one's work great for coho, chum and sea run cutthroat.

I often fish a muddler on the Bow. Some with a cone head, others without. I tried to convince a friend of mine for about 4 years to use a muddler. I even gave him a few to put in his fly box. He always scoffed at it, and said he would stick to his dries and nymphs. Finally he was having a tough day on the Bow and decided to just tie on a cone head muddler because nothing else was working. He ended up having a great day and landed a couple nice rainbows. His text to me was just a picture of the chewed up muddler and all it said was "saved the day".

These one's I had tied are far from perfect. I tied them quickly a few years ago the night before I headed out for a fishing trip to the west coast. The fish didn't seem to mind the imperfections.

Natural Muddler tied very sparce.

Chartruce Muddler tied very sparce.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Natural Muddler.jpg (133.4 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg Chartruce Muddler.jpg (37.2 KB, 148 views)