View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 11:29 PM

Not to stray off topic (weight) but as far as budget goes,can a guy get a decent spotter on a budget of $500-ish,or if I increase that budget to <$1000,any top picks to recommend for lightweight,decent quality spotting scope that won't break the bank but a guy will be happy with for years to come?
I'm "kinda/sorta" gearing up for a mountain hunt(hopefully this year?) but realistically any scope I buy will see far more use summer scouting/scrutinizing WT and MD bucks.That said,if I can keep it liteweight and well suited for mountain hunting,all the better?
Also,just to add to that,I've never owned a spotting scope myself and have very limited experience looking thru those owned by buddies.Whats everybody's preference,pros/cons of angled eye piece vs straight eyepiece?Does one style offer any clear advantage in terms of eye fatigue or long session glassing comfort,or is it mainly just a matter of personal preference.

Last edited by West O'5; 05-11-2018 at 11:40 PM.