Thread: metis info
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
R3illy, you can’t answer my question because it’ll leave egg all over your face, instead try to turn my question into a racially based statement.

What “rights” should a First Nation (metis) have that all other Canadians shouldn’t have? I am outright singling you R3illy out to answer this question. If you aren’t racist you’ll have no problem answering this, but I won’t hold my breath.

First Nation, or metis aren’t the only people who have had to endure trials and tribulations throughout history, but listening to you, you’d swear they were. Because of your narrow minded view of Canadians you are unable to understand my lack of compassion when it comes to harvesting rights. You are unable to approach this subject with a common sense approach because you feel the need to bring up the past and dwell on it rather than embrace the mistakes made and move on to the future with common sense rather than emotional feelings.

Despite what you’d like to have others believe, my objection to harvest rights are not based on race, but are based on common sense. I wasn’t joking when I said blond haired blue eyed harvesters, red haired freckles faced harvesters, there no longer will be a common visual profile of what a harvester looks like. Most of these new “traditional harvesters” will have no idea about the “tradition”, nor does it concern them, being able to hunt 24/7 is what matters. This is the problem.

Lol? It doesn’t surprise me.
This is the 21st century, not the 19th century, when conservation was not a concern. Certain people keep going on about tradition, yet they choose to accept a non traditional way of living. The simple fact that some of those people are using computers to post on this forum, while living in a home with running water, electricity, central heat, and television, demonstrates that a traditional way of living is not really the priority, that they would have us believe. Driving automobiles and flying on aircraft are about as far from tradition as certain people can get. We all had to adapt with the times, my ancestors were Vikings, and raiding and pillaging were a huge part of their lives ten centuries ago, but they just aren't acceptable now, so we adapted, and moved on with life.