View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 04:52 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
I've found that pike in clear water can be pretty prone to following. Last night I made it out, water was super clear, pike were following real bad... Had a real giant with a big scar on his back follow in a couple times, but they knew darn well that hook wasnt getting away and figured they had all the time in the world to make up their mind. Eventually I downsized to a #3 Mepps and just started burning it in real fast, then they started committing better.

Never did get that big one, but did manage to get one around 38" and a couple slightly smaller.

I was lucky cuz yesterday and fishing in two feet of water give or take half a foot I would drift right over them or by them.
Started off with bigger presentations and they bolted but the Len Thompson no13 and the colours was the ticket as they committed big time.
There was a fella in the same bay as me in his kayak so about two hours I paddled over to find him only catching a few so I showed him the lure I was using and he managed a spoon close in colour and size.
In a short time he caught 24 and was so happy. I could hear him hooting and laughing getting towed around! I also told him to not go deep as they are laying in the shallow water post spawn.
Great times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...